An exclamatory statement, often said when someone is extremely overjoyed. Often people do a hand movement simultaneously as they say “Booyah!” clinching a fist and thrusting the elbow downward vertically. (www.urbandictionary.com)
Precisely the reaction to our first taste of shrubs. A hot day, a garden table, a request for a non-alcoholic alternative to ice tea or soda and we were introduced to a Cherry Vanilla shrub on ice splashed with club soda. Refreshing, pleasantly sweet-tart, and ringing with flavor. And so the journey began…
A “shrub” is an acidulated beverage, meaning the addition of apple cider or other high acidity vinegars, made from the juice of fresh fruit or herbs, sweetened, and sometimes spiced. A proper shrub has a flavor that’s both tart and sweet so it stimulates the appetite while quenching thirst.
It is believed that shrubs originated some 2000 years ago in the Middle East. Shrubs carried fruit flavors into the harvest off-seasons and the vinegar served as a natural preservative, giving the beverage a long shelf life. Sailors often brought shrubs on voyages to provide Vitamin C and prevent against scurvy.
Shrubs and our fruit-infused sipping vinegars are amazingly versatile and we are routinely “educated” by our customers on their newly discovered applications.
- Mix with club soda or ginger ale for an amazingly refreshing, healthy beverage
- Design fun and unique cocktails around your favorite shrub flavor
- Drink one shot daily for the health benefits believed to be associated with sipping apple cider vinegar, but without the nasty taste
- Marinade a roast, ribs, or other meat, or add to a foil-wrapped roast and let it simmer and saturate during the cooking process for added tenderness and fruit-taste infusion
- Spritz on salad or veggies or even your sandwich!
- Drizzle on ice cream
- Spray one of BooYAH! Spritzers into the mouth to sooth a sore or dry throat. Spritzing the throat is also a easy and convenient way to get your intact of apple cider vinegar or assist in driving back hunger
The majority of BooYAH! Shrubs utilize apple cider vinegar. All of BooYAH!’s fruit-infused sipping vinegars are also created with an apple cider vinegar base. And we also add organic ACV which provides the special benefits of “The Mother.” BooYAH! Shrubs are sweetened primarily with Demerara (“raw” ) sugar. Demerara is a light brown, partially refined, sugar produced from the first crystallization during processing cane juice into sugar crystals. Unlike brown sugar, which has the added molasses flavor, demerara has a natural caramel-like flavor which lends warm, caramel notes. However, depending on the flavor compliment, BooYAH! also uses USA honey or brown sugar.
Some BooYAH! Shrubs and sipping vinegars bring complimentary spices or tea leaves into the mix. We like to think that in addition to raising the flavor bar, we’ve also brought into your diet added nutritional benefits.
We cordially invite you to join us on the journey.